Sunday, June 10, 2007

When I was walking in Memphis...



We went back to Memphis this past weekend. Richard's 10 year high school reunion was Friday and Saturday and we planned on going. After some thought Friday on the way back to Memphis, he decided not to go and that we would visit with his friends with out attending the reunion.

I really wanted to get in touch with my friends but decided this weekend would be dedicated to Richard and his friends. It was originally going to be all about him anyway and I thought I should keep it that way. He is so busy with school it is a really big task for him to even take a weekend off and travel to Memphis to visit friends. I am able to get away from Nashville much more often so I really was happy to help him take advantage of this rare free time.


Friday we just spent time with his mom and had a nice quiet evening. Saturday he attended the Fed Ex Golf Tournament with his friend Matt. I was able to see my mom and visit with my aunt who is visiting from California. Later that night we met up with some of Rich's friends and my cousin downtown. We all met at some one's beautiful apartment 11 stories up with a roof top view of down town Memphis. The view was beautiful.

Everyone is really excited that we are now a 'waiting family'. It sounds so official! =) We received our I-171 H on June 5th ( a day after my Daddy's Birthday) and we were put on the list Thursday, June 7th. I found out Friday we are number 176 on the list. That number sounds really, really big. BUT, I am praying for a flurry of referrals to our agency so that number will quickly shrink! I have faith. Everything will happen in it's perfect and right time. But I have to be honest,the waiting will be hard and we have only just started.

Rich's mom has already bought Sam several really neat books. She is an elementary school teacher, so she will make sure Sam never runs out of books to read! I can't wait until I can read them all to him!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have followed your journey for awhile now. My husband and I are adopting with the CHI office in St. Louis. We are awaiting our CIS approval. I hope the wait goes by quickly for both of us!

Kathryn said...

We are exactly a month ahead of you. We got our 171-H on May 5th and were added to the waiting list on May 7th. We started out as #159 and I think that we are now 153, so a movement of 6 places in a months time. I sure am hoping we get more referrals soon; it was definitely disappointing that there weren't any this past week.