Sunday, September 30, 2007

The longing for love and the search for Knowledge

"Three passions have governed my life:
The longings for love, the search for knowledge,
And unbearable pity for the suffering of [humankind]."
---Benjamin Jowett

We attended an adoption workshop at Vanderbilt's Children's Hospital this past Saturday. I really enjoyed the speakers and found the information very interesting. We attended a class at CHI back in August (I think it was August) and we have another class at CHI we are attending in October. We have also completed the Because They Waited series and read Adoption Parenting. Richard and I want to attend as many workshops and classes as we possibly can. I don't think there is such a thing as being too prepared. Gosh, let me tell you I was not as eager about 'learning as much as I can' in school. I guess when the subject is something you feel so strongly about and it will personaly affect you in such a big way, you want to do all you can to gain as much knowledge as you can.




Another bonus about going to these classes are the great people you meet. We met a couple from Knoxville, Michelle and Eric who are also adopting from CHI. They are adopting from the Russia program. I also met a very nice man named Jerry who is adopting a son from VN. He is also going thru CHI. He had recently received a referral for a beautiful 4 year old boy. He was so proud to show his referral picture. He is anxiously awaiting a travel date.

Okay, it seems not even a threat of extended wait times will keep me from shopping for our little Sam! I just can't help it! I really can't!! I can't remember the last time I bought myself something. I would rather put that money towards all the cute things I can buy for Sam. Some people may think it is a bit premature, but the bottom line is it makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. So, I will continue to shop for little boy clothes. I am thinking ahead though only buying things that are 12-18 months. So at least I know they are things that if they don't fit, he will grow into.





Tomorrow starts another work week. I have to say I love my job and the people I work with, but I never look forward to going back to work!! The weekends are just too, too short!! Oh, tomorrow also starts my hard core diet :( Another thing I am not really looking forward to. But since healing from my foot injury I haven't been able to find the motivation to work out like I have always done and to make the best choices when it comes to food. I used to work out at least 5 days a week for at least an hour a day. I have done this for years, but I simply have just not felt the drive. Oh, and the food situation is out of control. So, tomorrow is the day. I plan to get up at 6:00 am to work out. If I can get on a daily work out routine, the healthy eating will fall into place more easialy. Wish me luck!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend and has a great week to come!!

11 comments:

Misty said...

Cute clothes. :) Good luck with your work out!

Melissa Cz said...

Love the clothes!

K said...

What adorable clothes! I think it's great to shop early- why not? It's so much fun.

Good luck with the workouts and the eating well.

angie said...

the clothes are too cute!! sam is going to look like such the little man in all of his polo gear :)

Jessica and Eddie said...

I love the yellow polo sweater. He's going to be so handsome in his little man clothes. Have a great week.

Michelle said...

I love all his cute little clothes! That is a great idea only buying 12-18 months! I can not wait to start shoping for Jack!

S. said...

What cute clothes! Marshall's gets a decent amt. of Polo stuff, if you were interested. Also Steinmart.

K said...

We just today finished painting all of Tori's furniture, and it made me think of you painting your stuff

Gina said...

I miss reading your updates and I'm hoping all is well with you and your family. Gina

Heather Field said...

LOVE the little guy RL outfits! I am obsessed with buying cute little people clothes and shoes. Retail therapy does a PAP good!

Kathryn said...

Hope all is well! We haven't heard from you in a while, not even on the Yahoo groups.