Monday, September 3, 2007

The end of a long weekend.

Don't you love long weekends? I mean just the one extra day off really seems to make a difference. 3 days off is like heaven. And even though we did have an extra day off and even though this is going to be a short week...I DO NOT want to go to work tomorrow. Urgh. I hate when weekends come to an end. Long or short.

Okay. Enough complaining. We had a great weekend! We finished Sam's crib! Let me just say I am pretty proud of how it turned out. It was much, much more difficult than painting the dresser and it took 2 whole days to finish. We had fun, though. Hummm, what can we paint next? ;)

Okay-So I wanted to take a picture of Richard and I to capture the excitement we had about finishing the baby's crib. It turned out to be just a really goofy picture =-)
This is after one side had been primed.
And this is Richard setting up the crib in our dining room.
And here it is all finished! I really do love it! Right now it sits in my dining room. My mom is coming in town on Friday so I will leave it up for her to see and then the next week Rich can take it down so we can put it in storage. Our lease is up early next summer so we are moving into a three bedroom. Yay! Right now the two bedroom is perfect, but it will be exciting to finally have a nursery!!

The bedding is the bedding they gave me when I bought the crib. It looked beautiful on the maple but I didn't think it would look very good on the black. I have to say I am surprised. It looks much better on the black crib than I expected it to. What do you think? Are the colors too neutral for a black crib?? I am still on the look out for bedding that I love. I haven't found anything yet. Luckily (or un-luckily) I have time.

This is what our Saturday night revolved aroundUT Football. Richard is a HUGE UT fan. I mean HUGE fan. He was not happy about the outcome. Oh well, we always have Memphis basketball.

Okay, I am going to try and psych myself up for the start of another work week. At least it is only a four day week and my mom will be here Friday so I have that to look forward to.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend!!!

12 comments:

K said...

The crib looks AWESOME Shannon!

Stepping on Legos said...

The black is totally incredible! I love how it looks. And I really do like the lighter bedding. We have light colors with dark cherry too and I love how it looks. I woudln't have thought it would look good either except the bedding we bought was on a dark cherry "model" and I fell in love.

indyhumes said...

I know what you mean about dreading work!! I thought about it all day Monday! yuck!!

Jessica and Eddie said...

I think you guys did a great job. It looks great!!! I didnt want to come to work today. No fun!!!
We do have lots of time for our little ones to get here, but doesn't it feel great to get it all together.

Michelle said...

You and Richard did a great job on Sam's baby bed! I am sure it must have been a pain painting the bed, but well worth the time and energy the two of you put into it!! We were upset about the UT game as well, and you are right we always have Memphis basketball!!!

Melissa Cz said...

I love how everything turned out. I have to agree, I think the bedding looks great. Have a great time with your mom!

April said...

Great job on the crib!!! Did you sand it and prime or did you sand and paint?? We did not get to the changing table but that will be soon!!

Shannon said...

Thanks guys! It was hard work but lots of fun. Apes-to answer you question we sanded, then primed it then painted it. The sanding part was my least favorite!!

The Ben Show said...

Wow! I love the crib. Nice work :-)

Jo said...

I love the black finish.

Lisa said...

the crib looks great

R&H said...

That crib is awesome, I haven't seen one quite like that before, I love it!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com