Monday, November 12, 2007

It's been a while!

Wow. It's been a while since I have posted, hu?


No updates as far as our adoption goes other than we have now been on the list for 5 months. How many more to go? Good question. According to CHI 's current estimated wait time for referral we have about 13-19 months. If I may be frank, I am actually worried if there will even be a VN program at all in a year and a half. With all that has gone on it makes me very, very nervous. I am not going to get into a long post about it because I feel like it has been talked about and debated so much that I would probably just be repeating what someone else has said at some point. The one thing I would like to say is that I am proud to be with Children's Hope International. I feel they are a good, solid agency and the ethics which they operate on have never been a concern to Richard or myself. But still I am beginning to doubt whether or not we will be bringing a son home from Vietnam. So what now? Do we stick it out? Do we hope against hope that as we get closer and closer to a referral the doors aren't slammed shut in our face? Do you come up with a plan B? What country would we adopt from if Vietnam is no longer an option? These are all questions I feel like Richard and I need to discuss and resolve right away. My sweet husband does not. He wants to wait it out and see what happens. Which, really is all we can do. I just hate having such uncertainties. I should say I am so grateful that I have someone like Richard in my life. He truly is my rock. He keeps me level and focused. It's such a blessing for me that I have him to lean on. I truly, truly love him.

In other news I am driving to Mississippi this weekend. My friend Julie is having a party for her birthday. It will be nice to see everyone. Then of course the next week is Thanksgiving. Gosh this year has really flown by.

8 comments:

Gina said...

Shannon,
Welcome back to your blog :-)! It must be a girl thing to want to know all of the possible options. I am doing the same thing and, thank heaven for a good, sturdy husband, he has to peel me off of the ceiling a couple of times every week! Glad you're back.
Gina

Heather said...

I felt like I was reading my own words. I also feel extremely lucky to be with CHI. I'm worried too about what is in store for us in the Vietnam program, but I know that CHI would support us in any way they could. Hang in there!

K said...

I was just about to start bugging you about posting :)

It is worrisome what is going on over there, I hope things settle down soon.

angie said...

i'm glad your back...missed hearing from you!!

April said...

I am so with you on this. I am preparing myself now for the possibility of doing all this waiting and then having something like what we are all fearing...happen. I am definitely putting my faith in God on this one. He knows what he is doing if we have a hard time understanding it. I just hope that it can all be worked out without closing it down and at the same time insuring that the adoptions that happen are ethical.

Kathryn said...

I also agree with you and Gina that it is also my husband, who is the patient one and trying to be a rockof support. I also am so worried about the future of Vietnam adoption. Hopefully, the new I-600 filing procedure will improve things and will result only those agencies that are proven to be working unethically to be kicked out of Vietnam adoptions, instead of punishing everyone, PAPs and children.

Hiking Mama said...

Welcome back! I truly believe that the worst problem we must face in any adoption is all of the uncertainty. If I didn't have my husband to keep me grounded, I don't know what I would do! I'm the kind of person that wants a resolution to every question and a backup plan for every scenario--so I feel your pain. Hang in there, and let your heart lead you, despite the fears and worries in your head.

Gretchen said...

Hi, I hope everything works out in Vietnam too. We are looking into our next adoption and wondering if we should even consider Vietnam. You've got 5 months down though. That's great!

BTW-our name is misspelled on your list. It is Bilbro. Thanks!