Tuesday, August 7, 2007

What's in a number?

Hi. Just a quick update.

I sent an email to CHI yesterday just to get our updated number on the list. I know the number doesn't really mean anything because the referral time is still the same, but it had been 2 months so I was curious to see where we were.


We are now 164 on the list. We have moved up 12 spots in 2 months. It sounds like a lot of movement, but does it really mean anything? Does it really matter seeing as how the referral times have not changed? She did mention that the wait times for boys have not been extended, but that they could be. I hate hearing that. I know that is the case, but I hate hearing it just the same. I know they haven't been extended yet, but the uncertainty is nerve racking. Did I actually just say that? What did I expect from international adoption?? Uncertainty is what it is all about, right? I guess I still have a lot to learn and a lot to get used to. And I better get used to it fast because it is WAY too early for me to start getting panicky.

I know everything will happen in it's perfect time. In God's perfect time and not one day past due. I just have to keep reminding myself of that every day.

4 comments:

angie said...

I know how you feel! I keep thinking...please let us get on the list before the wait time gets longer (because I know it is looming)! I know that does not mean that the change would not effect us, but as least we would be on the list.

12 spots is better than none, I guess...but lets pray for months with loads of referrals to get the ball rolling :)

Hiking Mama said...

Hi Guys! It is always great to meet others adopting from Nashville. I look forward to following your journey. I hope our kids will be able to be friends! We are approximately no. 108 overall, but around no. 52 for those wanting only a boy (we are technically on the list for "either" but know we will have a boy!). Things seem to be slowing down a bit on the waiting front, so I pray for lots and lots of referrals :) I talked to Sara today and she seemed to think our total wait time will be 15 months, not 12. We will see!

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Don't get down we had gotten down when our wait times got extended but everything happens for a reason because Lennah was meant to be ours. God has a plan just take comfort in that. You will be holding a beautiful baby soon.
Cathy

The Dishmans said...

Shannon, I believe we're right behind you all on the list! Right now we're officially waiting on the list for a girl - but have been considering a boy. I've been worried about the wait times too. Let's keep the faith!
Susan - dishmanadoption.blogspot.com