Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Project!

This Saturday Rich and I painted Sam's dresser black. It was a big job and took us all day!! But it was lots of fun. This was our very first home improvement project so we learned a lot. We didn't have time to get to the crib so I hope to do that in a couple of weekends.

This is the before shot. Well, minus the hardware and feet. We had already taken them off before the picture was taken but you can get the idea.
And this is the finished product! It's not exactly perfect, but we are very pleased and look forward to painting the crib:)

11 comments:

angie said...

That looks great...can't wait to see how the crib turns out :) Do you know what kind of bedding you are going with? I casually look for our Sam when I am out, but I am not ready for a commitment yet...it is way too early for us!!

Heather said...

Can't wait to see what the finished room looks like!

Heather said...

Can't wait to see what the finished room looks like!

Heather said...

Can't wait to see what the finished room looks like!

Jessica and Eddie said...

It looks amazing and yall did a great job!!! I think the black looks great.

Kathryn said...

Looks like you did a great job.

Melissa Cz said...

I love it. I love the dark furniture look and the hardware really pops.

K said...

Great job Shannon! Did you sand before your primed the dresser?

Michelle said...

You and Richard did such a great Job! We can not wait to see how your crib turns out!

K said...

Hey there! I wish that CHI was near us so that we could take a class there.

Good luck painting the crib!

The Ben Show said...

I am way impressed! That is no easy job, and it looks great!