Friday, May 15, 2009

Sleep training, Day 1

May 14

Ugh. Yesterday was SO hard.

Sam woke up at 6:30.

He was ready for his first nap by 8:00. He cried for about 20 minutes and woke up crying at 9:15.

Second try at a nap was at 10:45. He cried until 11:15. He then woke up at 11:55.

Third try was at 2:10. He cried until 2:40 but then slept until 3:40.

He was exhausted and extremely fussy so he went down for bed at 6:00. He cried for 40 minutes which is not the norm. He usually goes to bed without any crying, and if he does cry it is only for a few minutes.

He woke to eat at 12 am. Went down without any crying and slept until 3:30 when I got him up to feed him again. He was back in his crib by 4:00 and started crying at 4:15.

He woke to start his day at 6 am.

So yesterday he got about 2 1/2 hours of day time sleep. I don't think he got good, restorative sleep last night either. I don't think that even comes close to what he needs. Especially with his night time sleep being so fragmented. He needs good, long, consolidated sleep. I think he is chronically tired and that is why we are where we are now.

This is so hard. I HATE hearing my poor, sweet boy cry. I just want to pick him up and hold him. I just don't know what else to do. I pray that this is the right thing to do and it works soon.

1 comment:

foppa said...

i have my fingers crossed that this works for you guys! :)