Friday, May 15, 2009

Sam might be ready but I am not

I don't know if I can do this.

Today was especially hard. 10 x worst than yesterday. Sam finally conked out at 2:15...in his swing. One of the places we don't want him to nap. He slept 3.75 hours. I woke him at 6, bathed him, fed him and put him to bed at 6:40. He went right to sleep without a peep. Poor guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTEY20kL6yc This link takes you to a you tube video of a mother sleep training her daughter. The mother in this video is handling the whole let them cry it out thing much better than I do.

I think I might consult with his doctor again before I continue. It's through consistency that babies learn and right now I am not able to commit 100%. I just need more positive reinforcement from his doctor to be positive that I am doing the right thing. Once his doctor gives me the go ahead I think I will feel better about it. I just need that extra reassurance. May 22nd can't get here soon enough.

No comments: