Saturday, May 23, 2009

Samuel, 4 months


I can't believe my baby is 4 months already! We just brought him home!

We had his 4 month shots yesterday. He actually did okay. He cried for a second and then got over it. He is my tough little boy.




He weighs 16.13! Nearly 17 lbs! He is now in the 85% in weight and in 59% for height at 25". He is in the 69% for head circumference. Rich is so proud. He says it's because he is going to have a big brain like his daddy :)

I also talked to the doctor about his fussiness and his lack of napping. I told him how we have been sleep training and he said that we are doing exactly what we need to. He said we just need to give it some time and Samuel will fall into a routine. He wants to see us back in 2 weeks to see where we are with the napping and to see if his fussiness improves.

I think by the time we go back to the doctor things will be much, much better. Yesterday Sam did really well with napping and he went right down this morning for his morning nap. So I think he just needed some time to adjust.

After his nap this morning we are going to Babies R Us and getting him a jumperoo activity station. He loves to 'stand'. He gets so pleased with himself. I think it makes him feel like a big boy. I think he will love something that will let him stand and jump and play.

It was last Memorial Day (May 28) that I found out I was pregnant. It's one of my very, very favorite and most cherished memories. We had been in the adoption process for over 2 years with no success and we had been trying to get pregnant for months. I was convinced we wouldn't be able to get pregnant without some medical intervention, so when I saw "Pregnant" on that little stick, I was in shock. One of the greatest days ever.



A year later and we are so blessed.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: