Friday, April 17, 2009

Samuel, 12 weeks



We had Sam's pictures taken professionally today. Whew. It was during his nap time so it was touch and go there for awhile, but I think they will turn out great.

The photogropher just kept saying how big he was. She said he was the size of a 6 month old. I don't see it, but I guess that is because he is mine.

He laughs and smiles a lot more now. He hasn't laughed out loud yet, but I think that is coming very soon. Oh, and he loves to talk to you. He has so much to say. It's facitating and I would give anything to know exactly what it is he is trying to tell us. He HATES tummy time. He hates it so much that when you put him on his tummy he will turn over in no time. He started doing this about three weeks ago. We were suprised to seem him turn over so early, but we have a very strong baby. Physically and willfully. If he doesn't like it, you will know!

Nap time is still a struggle. This isn't a child that will sleep anywhere. In fact he really doesn't even sleep in the car. Isn't that wild?! We have a whole nap time routine that we have to do to get him wound down. We go into his dark room, I hold him tight and rock him and sing very, very softly to him. He usually will nap good in the morning (in his swing) but it's hard for me to get him down in the afternoon. And when he is tired...watch out! This kid gets extreamly cranky when he is tired. I mean extreamly!

When he is well rested, he is all smiles :) He loves to watch his daddy 'dance' and act goofy. He will just stare at Rich and smile the BIGGEST smile. It is the sweetest thing. He loves to do patty cake and 'ride his bike'. He loves, loves, loves to look at things (including himself) through the mirror.

He does pretty good at night. He goes down about 7 and sleeps usually until 1:30 and then gets up again about 4 am. Then he is up at 6 am.

We still have nights that are hard on us and him. I think when he hits four months I am going to implement a stricter schedule and sleep training. I definatley think he is the type of child that will do best on a schedule.

He looks just like his daddy, but I am afraid he has my temperment.He can be fussy and bossy like his mom ;)

For the most part he is so wonderful. He is so sweet and makes me smile. My favorite times with him is when I am holding him close before bedtime and giving him his bottle. He is so peacefull and sweet. I stroke his hair and tell him just how much I love him.

He is growing so fast. I want to soak him up because I know before too long he won't be a little baby anymore. But I guess to me he will always be my baby.

No comments: