Thursday, July 10, 2008

Suprise Blessings

I have been trying to think of an elegant and profound way to write about how our lives have changed in the past couple of months, but I think it best just to say it; I am pregnant. 10 1/2 weeks. Richard and I are over the moon. We could not be any happier.

He and I are still 100% committed to the adoption. We want nothing more than to bring a son home from Vietnam. If I could have my way, I would be on a plan to get him right after the baby is born. CHI policy though is that we will be put on 'hold' until the baby reaches 6 months (assuming things between the US and VN will be worked out). Honestly I was relieved when I heard that. I was worried they would make us wait a year. So, ideally we hope that we will receive a referral around the time first baby is a year old, and have Samuel home 6 months later. Ideally. Am I crazy to think maybe, just maybe it will work out that way?? I hope that's not asking too much., but I have learned you can't necessarily plan for life. It is very obvious to me now that God is in charge of all the planning. When we started our adoption a year and a half ago I never would have dreamed we would be where we are now. Not that we are in a worse or better place. Just different. We dream of a diverse family made up from adoptions and bio-babies. We just didn't think it would be in this order. But that's okay. We are starting a family and that is what we both long for so much.

I am not real sure what I am going to do with this blog. I want to put something together that will incorporate everything happening in our lives. The adoption, being pregnant, Richard graduating, etc. I definitely want to write more often. I have an account set up with word press so I think I will move soon.

It's so funny how life works out, isn't it? But if there is one thing I believe it's that everything has a purpose and a reason. And knowing that gives me comfort and reminds me that everything will always be okay.

17 comments:

Hiking Mama said...

Oh my-what a surprise indeed! Congratulations!

Life always seems to keep us on our toes. I can't wait to follow your journey into motherhood!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations!

Leslie & Shaune said...

big congratulations on your pregnancy!

Gina said...

Great news! Congratulations! ~Gina

Stepping on Legos said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting! I really like your plan and hope it works out exactly that way. I'm really excited to follow your pregnancy - I hope you'll keep blogging about it!

Chet and Joni McDoniel said...

Congrats! The same thing happened to us. Planning to adopt from Vietnam, and the Lord sent us a surprise. God is great!

angie said...

WOW!!! what wonderful news!! congratulations!!!

i really hope that you continue to blog so we can follow your journey to your FAMILY!!!

YEA!!

K said...

Congratulations!!!! Best of luck and yes, update MORE OFTEN :)

Melissa Cz said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I am so happy for you guys and I know that your family will be amazing no matter what means you choose to build it.

Heather said...

Oh, congratulations!!!!! What wonderful news! Please keep blogging!

The Ben Show said...

Wow, congrats guys!! I am excited to follow along, I hope you keep blogging!

Jessica and Eddie said...

Congratulations---keep us all posted!!!! Can't wait to follow along with you on this new journey.

Lennah and Delylah's mom said...

Congrats. What a blessing.
Cathy

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! You are about a week or so ahead of me=) I feel the exact same way that you do about still being committed to adoption (foster-adopt in our case)You two are going to have a beautiful family!
jodean

Laura said...

Hi! I'm a sometimes lurker who used CHI to bring our son home. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy! You must be sooo excited. I believe that things happen the way they are meant to and in the order they're supposed to, so this was the path meant for your family. Congrats again - what amazing news!!!

Children's Hope International said...

Congratulations!!!

Jennifer N.

Living to Love said...

yAYYY!! Great news! It would be great to follow your journey!! Reading this, I got to thinking...we probably should let CHI know that we are planning to start trying soon!