Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heartbeat

Today I had an OB appointment. Richard and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was so amazing. It was strong and fast and it made me cry :) I feel good that baby-baby is doing well. The doctor said we still have 6-7 more weeks until we find out the gender. Why are they torturing me?? Oh well, it will go by soon enough.

We definitely have enough to keep us busy and our minds on other things. We are moving next weekend into a three bedroom. I am so excited to put the nursery together. We bought nursery furniture a while back when we expected to be bringing Sam home much sooner. I am glad that buying furniture is one thing we don't have to worry about. Plus we got such an awesome deal on what we bought.

We also have a wedding in Atlanta to attend this weekend. Richard's sister, Sally is getting married. We are leaving after work on Thursday and won't return to Nashville until Sunday afternoon. So that only leaves us 6 more days to pack. And we cant start on any of those days until after we get home from work, like 5:30 or 6:00. Gross. I hate moving. Good news is that we hired movers so we don't have to do any heavy lifting !!

5 comments:

angie said...

yea...i am so glad you had such a great appointment. not too much longer until you find out!! maybe it will fly by with your moving and all!

have fun at the wedding this weekend :)

Jessica and Eddie said...

I bet that was an amazing feeling. I'm sure the waiting will be hard. Can't wait to find out.

Unknown said...

How funny that I just wrote a post that starts out almost exactly like yours...I had to double check and make sure I wasn't on my blog! Anyways, I agree that hearing the heartbeat for the first time was absolutely amazing. Congrats!

Lee said...

congratulations!
i have SO lost touch with you,
how exciting!!!

take care,
lee (and zoe)

Jessica and Eddie said...

Just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling. I was thinking of you this morning--Hope all is well.