Friday, January 2, 2009

36 weeks!




Hi! Happy New Year!!

I can't believe the Holiday season is over already! It went so fast. And since I couldn't go home for the holidays like I normally would, it really didn't feel the same this year. But my mom was able to come see me for Thanksgiving and Christmas so it worked out.

Gosh. 36 weeks! Yaaaayyyy! I can finally say I am due "This month"! Yikes!

I have been feeling okay. I have been off work since 11/7 because I was having a hard time and minor issues with my blood pressure, but everything seems to have worked itself out so the doc gave me the okay to go back to work on th 7th. I have been off for 2 months and honestly I am not looking forward to going back. For one I am huge and nothing looks even half way decent on me. Two, I am going to be a freak about keeping my house spotless so that when we come home from the hospital the house is super-duper clean. I am always sort of a clean freak, but the closer it gets to having this little guy, the more intense it has gotten. Anyway, after a 9 hour day at work I just hope I have energy to come home and do laundry and sweep and dust and all that fun stuff. I know that Rich will think I am crazy for cleaning a clean apartment, but he is a good sport and will humor me by helping. Most people start their maternity leave 3 weeks before they deliver. Not me, nope that is when I decide to return to work. Oh well. I am sure it will make time fly.

We have everything pretty much ready for the baby. All of his little things have been washed and put away. His room is organized and oh so cute :) We have a few things still to pick up for him and we are making those shopping trips tomorrow. The only big thing we still need is his stroller. Other than that we just need lotions and washes, shampoo, petroleum jelly, bottle drying rack, a dishwasher rack, etc. So pretty much small stuff.

So I plan on breast feeding and per usual I am stressing myself out about it. But it seems like every new mom I talk to had every intention of breast feeding but found it to be so hard. I am not going back to work so I have the time. I just pray I have the patience because I know it will be so worth it.

So from what I have read, it seems like babies should have turned head down and dropped well before the 36th week. Not my little monkey. I have carried him so, so high this whole pregnancy and it doesn't seem he has budged at all. After a lot of discussion and watching him move and distort my belly in to all kinds of funny shapes, Rich and I have decided he is also still breach. I know we still have time and he could turn any day now, but I am worried that at this point he is so big what if there just isn't room for him to flip? Actually it kind of feels like at times that he is laying sideways in my belly. I wish I could see inside my belly at times and see how he is laying and exactly what is it he is doing when he moves around so much! Oh, and that brings up just one more thing I worry about. What if he gets the cord wrapped around his neck? I mean it does happen! How horrible!

I worry way to much. I really should work on that because once Samuel is born I know there are 1,452,125 things I could find to worry about every day. I really need to loosen up and live more in the moment.

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009. Ours will be filled with so much change. A new baby and Richard graduating! It's going to be a great year for our family. I wish the same for everyone else!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What an exciting time you are about to enter. I hope that you are able to let your worries go, and as you said, live in the moment. :)

Unknown said...

You're SO close!!! Try to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy; I'm sure they will fly by!

If you are really concerned about the baby being breech, you might talk to your doctor about it. She may be able to put you at ease a bit, and might even be able to turn the baby manually (external version) if he is breech.

Good luck!

Samantha said...

Yes! Stop worrying : ) He's great!

Happy new year! I love you!

SammySam
xoxo