Tuesday, January 6, 2009

36 week OB appointment



Today was my first cervical exam. Um, can I say "OUCH"! I assumed it would be like a pap smear; uncomfortable but not painful. Nope, not like a pap.

Anyway my OB confirmed that I am very much still pregnant. No dilation and no effacement. No surprise though.

I told him I was concerned because I thought the baby was sideways. He said he believed that the baby was in fact head down and what I was feeling was his little bottom. He said that we should have an ultrasound next week though to be sure of the baby's position and size. Yay! So next Thursday we get to see our little guy once more before he is born. Next Thursday I will be 37 weeks and 6 days!

I go back to work tomorrow. Not looking forward to it at all. But with some luck maybe I'll only be there a couple of weeks!

Can you believe next week is mid-January? Time truly flies.

No comments: