Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Making Progress

The interview yesterday went okay. She just asked a lot of general questions about me and my family. Describe your parents. What were you like as a child? Are you close to extended family? What is your relationship with your brother? Then she moved into questions regarding Richard and I and our relationship. Our views on child rearing, discipline and such. The interview lasted just over an hour.

We can possibly have the home study done within the next two weeks, as long as all the referral letters come in. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that everyone sends them in soon so we can put the home study under our belt and start the wait for the 171-H form. We mailed in our I-600A form certified mail today! Sara said we should get an invitation to get our finger prints in a couple of weeks!

We have really done a good job and I am scared to say it because I don't want to jinx it....so I won't say it, yet.

What we have left to get before completing the home study

Medicals for Richard and I
Richards letter of employment from his advisor
local background checks
pass port photo page (still waiting!)

Richard has his interview tomorrow and then we will schedule the home visit for next week.

I am coming home(Memphis/Mississippi) this weekend for Easter. I am so excited to see all my friends and to see Luke and Edward. It will be a nice break.

**I just checked on line and my passport is being processed! I really hope I get it before the end of April...we'll see.**

No comments: