Monday, March 23, 2009

Sam, 2 months

I can't believe it's been 2 months already!

We went for Samuel's 2 month well baby check up and he weighed 14 lbs!! He is in the 90% for weight. Looks like momma needs to cut out some of my sweet boy's snacks during the day. It's going to be hard to stick to a feeding schedule and not feed "on demand". When the doctor walked in he made a joke about "who needs a neck when you have a couple of chins." This picture shows what he was talking about.
I think his chins are adorable!! And don't you just want to kiss, kiss, kiss on those sweet cheeks? Can you tell he has a little smirk on his face? This is a picture of him just waking up...to eat no doubt.

We are also making changes to our sleeping arrangements. That too will be hard but I need him to be able to fall asleep even when he isn't in a swing or bouncy chair. Right now he does not like to sleep in his crib or pack n play. However I am sure it's easier to break habits of a 2 month old rather than a 6 month old so it's time to bite the bullet.

He is smiling all the time now. He loves, loves, loves his bear mobile. Those bears are his best friends and he gets so excited to see them 'fly'. Oh, and he is talking to us a lot more and it's the sweetest thing to hear.

We are getting more and more adjusted as time goes on. I just want to cherish every moment with him because he is growing and changing so fast.

What isn't changing fast enough is my weight. Gross. I feel HUGE. And gross. Not cute. I have never been this size and it's really, really getting to me. Before I was pregnant I was wearing a size 2! Now I am a size...yuck. I have started dieting and working out today. Losing weight has always been a hobby of mine even when I didn't really need it (even though I was sure I did) so it may take a while but I know I can lose the weight. I just wish it would happen sooner than later so I can feel like myself again.

1 comment:

K said...

He is precious :)