Friday, August 29, 2008

18 Weeks!





I am 18 weeks today! Yay! I had a doctor's appointment this past Wednesday and got to hear the baby's heart beat again. The sweetest sound ever! And we set up an appointment to find out gender! September 11th! I am sososososo excited!

Next Wednesday we are going to tour Baptist's labor and delivery unit and then the following Monday we are going to tour Centennial Women's hospital. So we should know where we are delivering pretty soon. I would like to take childbirth classes at the same hospital we have the baby. At first this pregnancy seemed to be creeping by so slowly. Now I feel like it has really picked up momentum and is going by pretty fast!

Oh, I felt the baby move! It is obviously very subtle, but it is such a great feeling! The baby is now about 5.5 inches and weighs just over 5 ounces. Considering I was reading about the baby when it was just the size of a poppy seed, that seems huge! Oh, and my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe. Average weight gain for this week is 10-13 lbs. I am right at 10 lbs so I am hoping if I continue to eat a healthy diet I can avoid gaining something dreadful like 60 lbs! My diet is pretty good, but I have got to get more active. Before I was pregnant, I worked out all the time! Jogged, walked, aerobics, light weights. The first trimester I felt great, but I was exhausted! I definitely didn't have the energy to work out. Now I feel like I have more energy, but it's just so hard to get back into the routine. Plus if I am going to do any exercise, it needs to be in the am. After a full day of work now way can I muster up the energy to do it. I will set a goal to start next week.

Not a whole lot else going on. Richard is still plugging away at school trying to finish. We love our new apartment. There is so much more room and it just feels so much more open.

I am anxious to see what happens with the dossiers on Monday. I am saying a prayer that something wonderful happens and they aren't sent back. I am also saying a prayer for all the families who are waiting to bring their children home.

I hope everyone has a great Labor Day.


Oh, and one last thing…. GGGOOO OBamba!!!!

7 comments:

angie said...

i am glad everything is going so well! how cool to get to hear the heartbeat!!

can't wait to hear the news about the gender!

K said...

How awesome to hear the baby's heartbeat and feel him/her move.

Good luck on the 11th. Let us know :)

K said...

How awesome to hear the baby's heartbeat and feel him/her move.

Good luck on the 11th. Let us know :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything is going well! And I totally understand the exercise thing... I used to be really active, but now whenever I have a spare moment, I take a nap! I can't wait to hear what the gender is. We will find out on Sept 29 what ours is.

Heather said...

It sounds like you are loving pregnancy. :) Thanks for the prayers for those of us in limbo right now in adoption land. They are needed for sure. And yes....Go Obama! :)

Jessica and Eddie said...

I'm glad to hear things are going great!! I know you have to be so excited to find out the gender. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Samantha said...

yayayayyayyyayayayyayaay for Baby Dortch!!!! I love you both!