Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Heart Broken

Yesterday I was in the worst slump ever!! I honestly cried at work a couple of times. Monday night I got no rest. Not after what Rich and I witnessed that evening. What we saw took our breath away. Complete devastation. Memphis lost the NCAA Championship game.

I thought they had it. They were up by 9 with just over 2 minutes to go and we lost it. That is what makes it hurt so bad. I don't think it would have been as painful if we had trailed most of the game. But to be that close?!?! To have it in our HANDS!!!!




I was so upset. I was an emotional wreck. I told people I felt like my dog died. I told Richard I don't know if I can get as emotionally invested in a sports team again. It's just too much!! I know it's only a game, but it would have meant so much to the team and Memphis.

I grew up in the Memphis area and have just moved to Nashville only 4 years ago, so my heart is in the River City for sure. I think Memphis gets a bad rap. Yea, it certainly has it's problems like most major cities, but there is so much history and tradition. Memphis as a city needed that win and the great guys that played on Monday night really wanted to bring it home. Also, I just want to mention that the guys on that team also get a undeserved bad rap. People see that tattoos and assuming that because they play for Memphis they have to be bad kids. But they aren't. A lot of them have had a really rough start and have not had life easy. They have come a long way so it was heartbreaking to see them lose.

But, they have given us an awesome season. Only 2 lost games all year one of them being the championship game. #2 overall…Not so bad :)





GGGOOO Tigers!!!!

2 comments:

Karen Wall said...

I SO hear you! My mom and dad and bro and SIL all went to MSU (now U of M.) My grandma was such a fan that the last time they were in the final four my mom was having my brother and my gma would no go to the hospital to be with her cuz the game was on! I know memaw was smiling up in heaven! Have faith- there's always next year! Go tigers!

Heather said...

You've been quiet for a long time. Are you okay? Email if you need to talk.
hendonheather@yahoo